Above the small village of Caprona, south of Calci looms a lone tower, the destination of our travels. To make things interesting, we first visit the idyllic village of Montemagno and pay a visit to the battlements atop Monte Verruca.
Unlike the last time we went to Monte Verruca, we will take a slightly more direct route, avoiding the steep climb.
- Sat Februar 28, 2015
- Meeting point and time
- At 8:00 CET Palazzo d'Ancona for breakfast
- Current forecast: slightly cloudy
- Estimated distance
- Estimated duration
- 5-7h including breaks
- CPT Bus from Porta Lucca to Calci, departing 8:40 CET
- Drink: 1-2 litres of water
- Food: a fruit and small snack
- Food: sandwich for picknick at lunchtime
- Shoes: Optimally hiking boots, or any shoes with traction and durable soles
- Clothes: Warm clothes, it might be colder and windier up in the mountains.