From the beautiful village of San Giuliano
Terme, we will climb the Monte Pisani on the path behind the open
air theatre to the ridge line going from NW to SE.
Following the ridge, hopefully enjoying a good
view of the plain between moutains and sea we shall travel SE to
the beautiful valley of Calci.
In order to get from Pisa to San Giuliano Terme
and from Calci to Pisa, we will take the bus. Timetables are
- Saturday March 9, 2013
- Meeting point and time
- At 9:00 CET near Porta a Lucca at the bus stop (outside the wall).
- Current forecast is not looking so bad anymore, it looks like there
will be only slight rain and maybe even some sun.
- Estimated distance
- 10-12 km
- Estimated elevation
- 400-600 m
- Estimated duration
- End is hard to predict, most likely we will
take 4-5 hours, not counting breaks.
- Google maps view of the general area
Note that we will of course take a different route,
through the mountains.
Bing maps view of the general area
- VaiBus from Porta a Lucca to San Giuliano Terme, departing hourly
CPT Bus from Calci to Pisa, departing mostly hourly
- Shoes: Hiking boots, preferably covering the ankles, or the next best thing availabe(good running shoes)
- Clothes: Raincoat
- Food: bring food for picknick around lunchtime
- Drink: around 1.5-2 liters per person