The coastal woods of San Rossore, sprinkled with a myriad of ponds, are a place of peace and quiet, enjoyed by humans and mosquitoes alike. The park, with is a national reservation, is open to the public only on weekends. Apart from the Mediterranean plants, it is also possible to observe the local wildlife,including boars and foxes.
More information can be found on the parks website.
We will conclude our trip at the beach of Marina di Vecchiano,so bring your swimming suits.
For the way back, we take the bus.
- Sat Juli 20, 2013
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:00 CEST in the Palazzo d'Ancona for breakfast
- At 8:30 CEST in front of the Palazzo d'Ancona
- According to the forecast, Saturday will be a hot day again.
- Estimated distance
- red route: 22 km
blue route: 18 km
- Estimated duration
- 4 hours
- CPT Bus from Marina di Vecchiano to Pisa, departing 13:15 CEST, 18:15 CEST
- Drink: at least 1.5 litres per person
- Food: for picknick as lunch
- Shoes: Anything comfortable for long walking off roads.
- Other: sun-cream