Tomorrow the clocks are reset to winter time, the times below reflect this already!
Starting from San Lorenzo which lies at the road leading from San Giuliano Terme to Lucca, we climb up a valley below Monte Moriglione, and make our way Northwest through the lower hills of the Monti Pisani, which are covered in forests. The highest point will probably be around 400m above MSL, so it should be a quiet autumn walk.
- Sun October 25, 2015
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:30 CET Palazzo d'Ancona for breakfast
- At 9:10 CET at the bus stop at Porta Lucca
- Light clouds in the afternoon, temperatures up to 20 degrees, so perfect for hiking in autumn.
- Estimated distance
- Estimated duration
- 4-6h with breaks
- VaiBus from Porta Lucca to , departing 9:17 CET
- Trenitalia Train from Ripafratta to Pisa San Rossore
- Drink: At least 1.5 litres of water
- Food: something for a lunchtime picknick
- Food: Some fruit or other snack
- Shoes: Solid shoes suitable for walking on coarse gravel.
- Clothes: Warm wind proof clothes, dress following the onion principle as temperatures might increase significantly during the hike.