In a beautiful valley behind Asciano lies the hermitage
Mirteti, now just a ruin. Crossing the path from the last hiking
trip, we will explore the Monti Pisani slightly further to the North.
In order to avoid annoyances with the CPT bus schedules, the
plan is to walk along the aquaeduct from Pisa to Asciano, then
climb from there into the hills, cross the ridgeline separating
Pisa and Lucca and descend towards S. Maria del Giudice, where we
will take the well deserved bus home to Pisa.
- Saturday May 4, 2013
- Meeting point and time
- At 8:00 CEST In front of the Palazzo d'Ancona
forecast says rain and wind on Sunday (again), but Saturday
should be better.
- Estimated distance
- 7 km in the plain, plus 7 km through the mountains
- Estimated elevation
- 600 m
- Estimated duration
- 2 + 4 hours
- VaiBus from San Maria del Giudice to Pisa, departing every two hours
- Shoes: hiking boots, or other solid shoes for rocky terrain.
- Drink: at least 1 liter
- Food: something for a picknick