We take the bus from Pisa to S. Maria del
Giudice, from where we climb the rocky hill north of the village.
From there we move back southwest towards either Molina di Quosa or
San Giuliano Terme, depending on time and weather.
We should have an excellent view of the central part of the
Monti Pisani, and also towards Lucca and beyond.
The trip is cancelled. The forecast still predicts thunderstorms for tomorrow, plus I have too much work to do.
- Sat October 3, 2015
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:30 CET Palazzo d'Ancona for breakfast
- At 9:10 CET at the bus stop at Porta Lucca
- Forecast predicts light rain, this should make things interesting.
- Estimated distance
- Estimated duration
- 4-6h with breaks
- VaiBus from Porta Lucca to S. Maria del Giudice, departing 9:16 CET
- Trenitalia Train from Molina di Quosa to Pisa San Rossore
- Drink: At least 1 litre of water
- Food: something for a lunchtime picknick
- Food: Some fruit or other snack
- Shoes: Solid shoes suitable for walking on coarse gravel and possibly slightly muddy ground.
- Clothes: Warm wind and rain proof clothes, dress following the onion principle.