Arriving by bus in Montuolo, we follow Via dei Bovi into the western part of the Monti Pisani. Beneath the Monte Pianello, we will turn north toward Lucca until we arrive at the northern "foothills", which we follow back east, passing the Convento San Cerbone, and a couple of Villas until we come back to the road connecting Lucca to Pisa, and try to catch a bus again.
This should be a quite easy "hike" for the start of the season, with about 300m of difference in elevation.
- Sat February 6, 2016
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:30 CET Palazzo d'Ancona for breakfast
- At 9:10 CET at the bus stop at Porta Lucca
- Unknown at this time
- Estimated distance
- Estimated duration
- 3-5h without breaks
- VaiBus from Porta Lucca to Montuolo, departing 9:17 CET
- VaiBus from Massa Pisana to Pisa
- Drink: At least 1 litre of water
- Food: something for a lunchtime picknick
- Food: Some fruit or other snack
- Shoes: Solid shoes suitable for walking on coarse gravel and possibly slightly muddy ground.
- Clothes: Warm wind and rain proof clothes.