Crossing the mountains from the Certosa di Calci,
passing the village of Montemagno, we aim to explore the valleys
descending to Buti, where we shall visit the medieval fair on
arrival (probably early afternoon). Note the fair requires some entrance fee.
- Sat May 24, 2014
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:00 CEST Palazzo d'Ancono for breakfast
- At 8:35 CEST at the bus stop at Porta Lucca
- The forecast promises cloudless, sunny weather.
- Estimated distance
- 10-15 km
- Estimated duration
- 4-5 hours hiking, plus visiting the fair, and probably 1 hour to get back to Pisa
- CPT Bus from Porta Lucca to Tre Colli, departing 8:40 CEST
- CPT Bus from Buti to Pontedera, departing 13:30, 14:45, 17:57 CEST
- Trenitalia Train from Pontedera to Pisa
- Drink: about 1.5 litres of water
- Food: some fruits, something for a lunch break
- Shoes: Hiking boots if available, or other good shoes suitable for slightly rocky or muddy terrain
- Clothes: Long trousers might be advisable despite the warm weather, some trails are very narrow and lined with bushes and thorns on occasion.