Crossing the mountains from the Certosa di Calci,
passing the village of Montemagno, we aim to explore the valleys
descending to Buti, where we shall arrive in the afternoon.
- Sat May 21, 2016
- Meeting points and times
- At 8:00 CEST Palazzo d'Ancono for breakfast
- At 8:35 CEST at the bus stop at Porta Lucca
- The forecast promises cloudless, sunny weather.
- Estimated distance
- 10-15 km
- Estimated duration
- 4-5 hours hiking, and probably 1 hour to get back to Pisa
- Drink: about 2 litres of water
- Food: some fruits, something for a lunch break
- Shoes: Hiking boots if available, or other good shoes suitable for slightly rocky or muddy terrain
- Clothes: Long trousers might be advisable despite the warm weather, some trails are very narrow and lined with bushes and thorns on occasion.